CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS LEMON STIR FRY
Total Time:30 minutes
This quick chicken and asparagus stir fry made with chicken breast, fresh lemon, garlic and ginger is the perfect fast weeknight dish.
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium shoyu or soy sauce (Coconut aminos for GF, W30)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (arrowroot powder or tapioca starch for whole30)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tbsp canola or grapeseed oil, divided
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- Lightly season the chicken with salt.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken broth and soy sauce.
- In a second small bowl combine the cornstarch and water and mix well to combine.
- Heat a large non-stick wok over medium-high heat, when hot add 1 teaspoon of the oil, then add the asparagus and cook until tender-crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Increase the heat to high, then add 1 teaspoon of oil and half of the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove and set aside and repeat with the remaining oil and chicken. Set aside.
- Add the soy sauce mixture; bring to a boil and cook about 1-1/2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and cornstarch mixture and stir well, when it simmers return the chicken and asparagus to the wok and mix well, remove from heat and serve.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 268 calories
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- Sodium: 437mg
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 41g