Is Diabetes In Your Future?:
How to Delay or Prevent the Development of Diabetes
Are your blood glucose levels higher than normal but not quite elevated enough to be deemed full-blown diabetes? This condition is called prediabetes and millions of Americans are at risk. But prediabetes doesn’t mean you’re destined to develop diabetes and natural solutions could put you on the path to good health.
Debra Sanders, Registered Dietitian and Diabetes Educator, will teach you how to effectively keep track of your daily carbohydrate intake, make appropriate lifestyle choices, and delay or prevent the development of diabetes.
Topics covered include:
- Portion sizes and food measurement
- Reading food labels and other resources to count your carbs
- The importance of physical activity
- How to decrease insulin resistance
- The role of stress and sleep as risk factors for diabetes
Friday, January 18th
RFAH Classrooms B & C
Cost: $10.00 – One additional person may accompany the patient at no charge.
To register call River Falls Medical Clinic at 715-425-6701