- Requisition ID: 2019-36122
- Profession: Clinical/Direct Patient Care (non-nursing/allied Health)
- Speciality: Clinical Support Staff
- Location: Fairview Vibrant Clinics-River Falls, WI
- Shift: day/evening
- Hours per 2 weeks: 80
- Department: Clinic – Family Practice
Vibrant Health Clinics, now part of Fairview Health System, has an immediate opening for a Medical Assistant/LPN for Family Practice, Pediatrics, Internal-Medicine at Vibrant’s River Falls, WI clinic location.
Join the Vibrant Family Clinic’s River Falls, WI team as a Medical Assistant in an ambulatory setting! As a member of the care team, the Medical Assistant supports quality patient and family centered care principles through performing a variety of high level functions within a care team to support the needs of the healthcare team and patients/families.
This is a 1.0 FTE opening, 80 hours per two week pay period, beneftis-eligible position.
Monday 8AM to 8PM
Tuesday 8AM to 8PM
Wednesday 8AM to 8PM
Thursday 8AM to 8PM
Friday 8AM to 5PM
Saturday 8AM to 5PM
Sunday 8AM to 5PM
As a member of the care team, the Medical Assistant supports quality patient- and family-centered care principles through performing a variety of high level functions within a care team to support the needs of the healthcare team and patients/families. The Medical Assistant will gather information and documents to support the patient visit. The medical assistant is responsible for adhering to all policies, procedures and practice guidelines, promoting teamwork with all members of the health care team, maintaining complete, timely and accurate clinical documentation for each patient and continually looking for opportunities to improve processes and workflow.
- Delivers care as delegated by the physician/authorized practitioner or RN, to assigned patient population, or individual patient.
- Prioritizes work based on patient acuity, available resources, patient/family preferences, provider schedule, in collaboration with the physician/authorized practitioner and other health care team members.
- Effectively communicates compliance and concerns to delegating physician/authorized practitioner/RN.
- Documents care in the medical record.
- Partners with patient/care-giver in care/decision making
- Engage in change to improve the work environment and patient experience
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program or LPN
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Ambulatory Care Experience
- AAMA Certification
Other Required Skills
- Excellent customer service, public relations and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work with a fluctuation in workload while working independently
- Demonstrates focus on customer service/patient experience with every interaction
- Ability to work as an effective team member to provide exceptional care
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Ability to embrace change and engage in ongoing process improvement
- Ability to keyboard and utilize computer programs