- Requisition ID: 2019-40701
Profession: Non-Clinical Professional
Speciality: Medical Coding/Health Information Mgmt
Location: Fairview Vibrant Clinics-River Falls, WI
Hours per 2 weeks: 80
The primary purpose of this position is to create files, logs, and retrieval of electronic medical records. Reconciles and resolves medical record discrepancies, accesses electronic files, updates electronic records/documents, prepares medical records for scanning and indexing.
This is a 1.0 FTE (80 hours per two week pay period), benefits-eligible position.
Schedule/shift times vary, 7:30AM to 5PM range. Schedule to be determined based on clinic needs.
1. Retrieval and distribution of health information
- Responds to requests for electronic and paper health information
- Scans/and or routes electronically to clinic personnel.
- Coordinates records from other sources as needed, gathering appropriate information as necessary.
2. Process and route incoming electronic and paper patient health information.
- Processes information according to established policies and procedures.
- Scans medical records to EMR using patient name and date of birth.
3. Reconciliation of Diagnostic Testing:
- Closing the loop for laboratory and imaging tests per protocol
- Communication to CSS and /or HCP’s as needed to further document and/or review testing results
- Notify any missing results per protocol
Required: High School diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Completion of Medical Terminology course or Health Information Program graduate
Preferred: Prior service industry/customer service experience, knowledge of electronic medical records or Health Information Technology, data entry skills, one to three years’ prior medical records experience.