- Requisition ID: 2019-38616
- Profession: Clinical/Direct Patient Care (non-nursing/allied Health)
- Speciality: Pharmacy
- Location: Fairview Vibrant Clinics-River Falls, WI
- Shift: day
- Hours per 2 weeks: 48
- Department: Pharmacy – MTM
Fairview Pharmacy Services founded one of the nation’s earliest and most comprehensive Medication Therapy Management (MTM) programs in partnership with the University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy in 1997. The Fairview MTM program provides comprehensive medication management (CMM) services following the philosophy of Pharmaceutical Care. Since the beginning of the program, we have cared for more than 40,000 patients, expanded to 45 clinic locations in specialty and primary care clinics, have implemented a system-wide collaborative practice agreement (CPA) encompassing 20+ disease states, and continue to lead the way in clinical pharmacy practice advancements.
We contract directly with payers and employers to provide their members and employees with MTM services. Our MTM pharmacists work with patients and their providers to start, stop and change medications to achieve the best results, prevent interactions, avoid unnecessary medications and reduce medication cost if possible. From a population health approach, we focus on high-complexity patients including patients transitioning from hospitals and patients with multiple co-morbidities not meeting their clinical goals.
The Fairview MTM program has published our results including a 12 to 1 return on investment through reduced medical costs. Clinical factors, such as diabetes outcomes, medication adherence and hospital readmission rates are also improved. With the comprehensive care Fairview MTM pharmacists provide, patients consistently give our MTM services high ratings for improving their quality of life and helping them better achieve their healthcare goals. Our providers also state that they are confident in our recommendations and feel we improve our patient’s health and wellbeing. You can continue to learn more about our program at Fairviewmtm.org
0.6 FTE in Vibrant River Falls Clinic
- Provide Medication Therapy Management to patients.
- Ensure all drugs are appropriately indicated, effective, safe and convenient for the patient.
- Obtain histories and apply these along with other patient data in the pharmaceutical care evaluation.
- Identify, resolve and prevent drug therapy problems.
- Evaluate the signs and symptoms relative to disease processes and make recommendations and/or modifications of drug therapy utilizing the protocols developed and approved by the Fairview MTM program and Fairview system.
- Evaluate the significance and clinical importance of adverse reactions and complications associated with drug therapy.
- Ensure that the patient understands the specific goals of therapy and that the patient and providers are working to achieve these goals.
- Evaluate and document patient outcomes at each encounter, as required by the MTM practice model.
- Operate the MTM computer program to assure accurate patient documentation and appropriate billing information
- Maintain proficiency in the skills and theory of the practice of pharmacy by reviewing literature, and attending in-services, seminars and conferences.
- Actively participate in department IMPACT planning and implementation of action plans.
- Actively participate in MTM and clinical meetings.
- Provide an excellent pharmaceutical care experiential site for pharmacy students and residents by training, mentoring and motivating students and residents as assigned.
- Maintain active preceptor status by MN Board of Pharmacy.
- B.S. Degree in Pharmacy or PharmD from an accredited school of pharmacy
- Current Wisconsin pharmacist license.
- One-year experience as a practicing pharmacist in a community setting
- Pharmaceutical care or Ambulatory care residency preferred.
- Working knowledge of third party pay plans, as well as indigent patient drug procurement programs, excellent customer service and communication skills, proficient in the English language, ability to manage time and people effectively, good attention to detail, ability to follow policies and procedures. Commitment to applying individual clinical skills in collaborative team environment to achieve patient-specific and program-specific goals.