Common Questions & Insurance Information
Questions about health insurance?
Vibrant Health Family Clinics insurance staff is available to answer your questions during business office hours. Our staff is not able to quote benefits or recommend an insurance company to you. Co-pays are payable at the time of your visit.
What is preventative Care?
Preventive Care are services provided to evaluate and maintain your health. It is care focused on preventing future illnesses; screening tests to detect medical conditions before you have symptoms for certain diseases (such as colon and cervical cancer).
One example of a preventive visit is an annual physical, sometimes called a well-check. For more information, please download the Preventive Services Handout:
What is problem-related service?
- Services provided to evaluate a specific problem and/or illness.
- Medical care focused on the history of a problem, assessing the problem and treating it.
- Diagnostic tests to help your physician find the problem or the cause of a problem, make a diagnosis and develop a treatment plan.
- A visit to a Healthcare Provider for a specific illness or injury, such as a sore throat or bad back, is an example of a problem-related service.
What is a problem-related service co-payments?
Billing and coverage of Combined preventive problem visits.
If a Vibrant Health Family Clinics Healthcare Provider provides preventive care and evaluates or treats a problem on the same day, two separate services may be billed – a preventive service and a problem service. This billing reflects the actual services provided. Your portion of the bill will depend on your insurance coverage.
If you have questions about which services are covered, please contact your insurance company. If you have questions about your Vibrant Health bill, please contact our insurance department at 715-425-6701 or 800-514-9204.
What is 2009 Wisconsin Act 146?
The 2009 Wisconsin Act 146 seeks to make health care costs and charges clearer to consumers. It requires health care providers to disclose, upon request, certain charge and payment information for health care services, tests, and procedures.
Act 146 also requires health care providers to offer information on charges, payments, and possibly on their comparative quality. The Wisconsin Department of Health Services determined that this requirement will be phased in, beginning in 2011 with physicians.
The physicians’ report is based on the 25 most common medical conditions (without complications) treated by physicians in Wisconsin among those under age 65. For each medical condition, the five “Related Medical Services” are listed that account for most charges by physicians. (Again, assuming there are no complications.)
NEW Medicare cards starting April 2018
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is removing Social Security Numbers from Medicare cards to prevent fraud, fight identity theft, and keep taxpayer dollars safe. The new Medicare cards will be mailed from April 2018 through April 2019. To learn how they’ll mail the new Medicare cards and other important information, please click here: .https://www.cms.gov/medicare/new-medicare-card/nmc-home.html
At Vibrant Health Family Clinics, we encourage you to explore your options, prepare to apply, and sign up for Marketplace updates through HealthCare.gov.
- In Wisconsin, call 800-318-2596
- In Minnesota, call 855-366-7873
- Vibrant Health Family Clinics Business Office, call 715-426-3703
Vibrant Health Family Clinics participate with the following health plans
- Aetna Managed Choice (referral needed)
- Anthem Blue Cross
- BadgerCare (Wisconsin Medical Assistance)
- Group Health /Compcare MA HMO
- United Health Care MA HMO
- Blue Plus (referral needed)
- Great West PPO/Cigna
- HealthEOS by Multiplan
- Health Partners (some plans may require a referral)
- Medica Choice
- Medica Premier
- Medica Applause
- UCare for Seniors
- Medica Prime Solutions
- HealthPartners Freedom
- Minnesota Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Preferred Administrative Services / PCHP
- Preferred One
- Railroad Medicare
- Select Benefit Administrators (CEHA)
- Select Care / Labor Care